Board Limited Warranty Guide
Limited Warranty Guide
We guarantee that our products are free of any defects or damage caused by workmanship or faulty materials, for the duration of 12 months from the date of purchase date*, with the exception of B and C grade boards.
This document is a guide only and should be read in conjunction with the International Supply agreement and the full Manufacturer’s [Limited] Warranty.
This warranty does not cover any of the following claim conditions;
1. Damage or defects caused by collisions, impacts with any materials or objects, abuse, misuse or accidental damage. Including use on jump ramps or sliders.
2. Breakage or defects as a result of prior damages, or repairs.
3. Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, out of water handling or similar.
4. Damage or defects caused by heel dents.
5. Damage or defects caused by non-recreational use, professional riders, rental centers, lessons.
6. Damage or defects caused by inappropriate storage or handling, including storage of the board in closed, damp conditions (for example a wet board bag)
7. Damage or defects caused by exposure to temperatures over 60 and under 0 degrees Celsius.
8. Damage or defects caused by nature, such as earthquake, fires etc.
9. Damage or defects caused by alterations or modifications.
10. Damage or defects caused by usage of the board after a claim is reported.
11. Damage or defects caused by flat landings.
12. Damage or defects caused by the use of a larger fin than specified.
13. Damage or defects caused by storage or transport of the board with a closed air-valve.
14. Damage or defects caused by a failure to close the air-vent valve during use.
15. Damage or defects caused by improper mounting or adjustment of Foot straps, Bindings, Fins and hydrofoils.
16. Damage or defects caused by wear and tear
17. Any damage except manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship.
If you believe a product has defects related to workmanship or faulty materials please ensure the final customer fills in the Kona Warranty Form and returns it to Kona within 2 months from the date on which the defect or damage is discovered in order to obtain warranty cover on Kona manufactured products. The final customer must also produce the original proof of purchase which must show the initial retail purchase date. If you do not provide proof of the initial retail purchase date at the time of the warranty claim, the manufacturing date of the product will be used to determine the warranty period.
Make sure all the details and questions in the official Kona Warranty Claim Form are filled in completely and correctly to avoid delays.
* Kona International does not accept liability for special, direct, consequential or incidental damages. All express and implied warranties for Kona products, including but not limited to any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in time to the period set out in the Kona Limited Warranty Period.
No warranties whether express or implied, will apply after the Limited Warranty period has expired. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and /or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply to particular customers.
Kona International obligations under any warranty shall be limited, to the greatest extent allowed by law, as provided in the Cobra International Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may also have other rights, which vary from one jurisdiction to another.
Board warranty form